DO make sure you are heard! Whether you are outside or in, you want to have your guests be able to hear you! So practice speaking louder than normal during your rehearsal or you can have your DJ supply a microphone for the room.
· DO have your younger flower girls and ring bearers get plenty of rest and sleep, and have them practice what they are supposed to do. The last you thing you want is a crying and screaming baby or kid that is holding up your ceremony.
· DON’T freak out if something goes wrong. If things start late, that is ok and normal.You want to make sure your all your guests are there. And remember, you are marrying the love of your life, so do not sweat the small things.
· DO ask your officiant to attend the rehearsal. Every minister or officiant is different and might want to add things or take certain parts out, so going over with them is not only great for you but for everyone else as well. Such as practicing what your father says when he gives you away, when it is time for the rings, who has them and who your officiant should ask, etc.
· DO supply the essentials for an outdoor wedding.Whether it is a fan, sunscreen, bug spray, water station, etc. Make sure your ground is even and there is access for anyone who may be handicapped. And most importantly, have a rain plan!
· DON’T look down while walking down the aisle. You want your very soon to be husband and all of your guests to see your smiling face, so make sure you are wearing shoes you can walk in, not tripping over your dress and on a level stable ground.
Until next time, happy planning!
Planning a quinceanera or Sweet 16 can be overwhelming. And if it isn’t complicated enough, we know that young ladies are known to change their mind quite frequently. We’ve seen tons of Quinces and Sweet 16’s here, but we love to put a little spin on things, so here are some new and fun ideas for your upcoming event!
A big hit right now within Quince and Sweet 16 themes are animal prints. Zebra, leopard and giraffe prints are all the rage. Pairing the print with a bright color is a great way to show off youthful personality. Zebra with hot pink or turquoise/aqua is a big hit. Giraffe print with greens or pinks look nice. Even leopard with black and red really pops. You might want to consider adding as sash or hair piece with your print on your dress to really include the animal print in your theme. Incorporating feathers, boas and fringe can spruce up the décor.
Disney-themed parties are always up there in ideas when it comes to Quinces and Sweet 16’s. We’ve seen a lot of Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast themed parties and while they are incredibly beautiful, think about incorporating a newer princess. Maybe a Princess Jasmin and do an Aribian Night’s themed event with jewel-toned linens and magic lamp centerpieces. Even an Ariel-themed event with beachy-décor and your true Prince Eric as your escort or date. You don’t even have to be a red-head to pull it off. Ariel dresses can be in a blush pink, emerald green or white and make your lighting blue so that guests feel like they are truly under the sea! Lastly, a Mulan-themed event with Asian-inspired décor (we even have the perfect red linens with gold chair covers to pull this theme off!). A Princess theme will always be in style.
Why not try a Great Gatsby themed event? With the movie coming out TODAY, it is the perfect time to try something completely different than all of your friends! We love the idea of guests dressed up in 1920’s attire and you can wear a nice ball gown in, but change into your own flapper dress for the dance! If you are really into the theme, you can even add a murder-mystery dinner component to the event. Hang lanterns from our patio area and have guests sip sparkling cider instead of your usual soda or juice. Have fun feathered or boa décor throughout and maybe even use lamps as centerpieces!
Just remember that the sky is the limit when it comes to ideas, but always consider your parent’s budget. Take a look at Pinterest for more inspiration: www.pinterest.com/plazalecea