Let me preface that this is not a sponsored post. We found out about this hotel and think they have A LOT of amenities for brides and their guests for group rates. Now for those of you that have no idea what we are talking about, a room block is a portion of a hotel’s inventory of rooms set aside for a particular period of time for a client (translation: SUPER helpful way to take the legwork out for your out of town guests). Room blocks are commonly reserved for weddings and can be reserved tentatively or under a firm agreement, and is for a set period of time. Now with the formality of what it is out of the way, this is why the Drury Inn rocks:
-Book 10 or more rooms and you’ve got a complimentary suite for your wedding night! How awesome is that? Just ask to stay on a separate floor than all your out of town family 😉
-Free “Quikstart” hot breakfast
-Free hot food and beverages at 5:30 p.m. everyday. Yes, I just said FREE FOOD AND DRINKS!
-Up to 1 hour of free long-distance for the duration of your stay
-Free wifi in your room
There are two close location to Plaza Lecea to choose from: Medical Center or La Cantera Parkway, which are minutes away from our facility. The Medical Center location was just renovated in March of 2012 and the La Cantera location is just three years old. So…nice, new hotel, possibility of free wedding night suite, free drinks and apps, free breakfast the morning after your reception and close by?! What’s not to love?! We highly recommend using this hotel for your room block. Our contact is Priscilla Cruz and she can help you out with all the details:
Until next time, happy planning!
While planning your wedding, one thing that you can do to help your guests from out of town is let them know where the closest hotels to your location. Luckily with Plaza Lecea, we are close to all major highways in San Antonio-410, IH10 and 1604.
Here are some tips all brides need to know:
- Give your guests multiple hotel chains to choose from
- They may travel a lot and have one that they can stay at for a cheaper price or that they receive rewards from
- Hotel rates change by season and prices are usually slightly higher during the summer season and mid-March due to people traveling for summer vacation and Spring Break
- There are always extra discounts they may be able to get, including discounts for people who are members of AAA or Sam’s Club.
- If you know that your guests will bring a pet, Drury Inn and LaQuinta are pet friendly.
- Amenities are something you may look into. There are some hotels that have a happy hour and/or a brunch. For your guests that are not going to want to explore very much this may be a great idea.
- If most of your wedding party is coming in from out of town, book them in the same hotel. Let the hotel know you would like to keep them close together. Usually, the hotel will have a conference room on that floor you can be near. If you would like they will rent that out to you and you can use that room as a room where your party can hang out.
The best deal: Book a block of rooms
- Most hotels want you to block out at least 10 rooms and they will give your guests a discount.
- There is no charge to you if all the rooms do not get used.
- Some hotel chains will let you split the rooms between their hotels in the area. So if some of your guests want to stay near the river walk and others near the location, they will get the same rate.
- Example Drury Inn and Suites: One room with a king size bed was $109.99, but for a block of 10 that price comes down to around $89.99.
Here is a list of hotels around the area with their phone numbers:
- Residence Inn San Antonio Northwest/Medical Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Northwest
- Best Western Posada Ana Inn – Medical Center
- Towne Place Suites San Antonio Northwest
- Motel 6 San Antonio NW Medical Center
- Regency Inn & Suites
- Quality Inn & Suites Fiesta Park
- Residence Inn San Antonio Northwest at the Rim
- Hampton Inn San Antonio/Six Flags
- Omni Hotel, San Antonio
- Westin La Cantera