We just have to thank Caitin from Caitlin’s Creations for the beautiful montages we now have from a few of our past events. She has shot three weddings her in the past year and each of the montages expresses her incredible talents. We absolutely adore the sunset views she was able to capture, as well as the shots on and from the stairs. Simply stunning work! Check out her website for more info and photos: http://www.ccportraitdesign.com/
Philip Thomas Photography has to be one of the top photography companies in San Antonio (in our humble opinion!). We have worked with Philip Thomas for a few years now as he has done several weddings at our facility and we are consistently impressed by his ability to capture the most intimate moments (whether they be super sweet or slightly awkward–see his photos below) with out interrupting a thing.
Philip’s love of photography began early as a teen and developed into a career some years later. Gathering inspiration from turn-of-the-century photojournalist and newspaper broadsheets, Philip honed his techniques as a press photographer for a few years. In 2006, Philip moved to San Antonio and expanded his professional photography scope to include weddings, while still doing the occasional corporate event, head-shots and fashion models.
His experience gained as a photojournalist truly prepared Philip for wedding photography by making sure he captured the moments all the while anticipating and reacting as they unfold. His unobtrusive manner and documentary style of photography totally work for the modern bride.
Our coordinator Adriana Valdez, who has worked with Philip on previous events had this to say, “Working with Philip was just fantastic. He was around for every shot, there was not one instance where we had to go looking for him. He was on top of every moment, every picture. It made for a pleasurable experience for the guests, bride and myself as the coordinator for the event. Too many times the photographers are not on top of things and its up to the coordinator or family to look for them and the couple lose out on that special moment. Philip also scopes our building out and even though he’s been here before, he takes extra time to find the best location for shots.”
When it comes to shooting at Plaza Lecea, Philip loves the ambient lighting, especially at dusk when the natural light outside mixes with the tungsten indoor lighting creating a beautiful blue hue. We have to agree…it’s really beautiful here!
Some quick facts about his work:
- Shoots approx. 25-30 weddings a year, so book him now ladies!
- Member of the Professional Photographers of America and Wedding Photojournalist Association…he’s legit and an International Award Winner!
- Typically shoots between 500-1000 shots per event
- Proofs take approx. 4-6 weeks along w/draft of album design (yes! he does a FABULOUS job with photo books–a must! You can check out a sample book at our facility)
- Only shoots one event per day AND depending on the client, will bring on an assistant if needed
- Wedding coverage starts at a mere $2500 (a bargain for his work if you ask us!)
- The Essentials: Website: www.philipphotography.com; Blog: www.philipthomasblog.com; Twitter: http://twitter.com/Philipphoto; Phone: 210. 833.1168
We highly recommend Philip Thomas Photography for your wedding or special event. He’ll capture more than just the traditional photos and you will be more than pleased with the results.